Describe the bug
Somehow, pictures copied from almost any Microsoft app (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel) just never show up on the clipboard history.
Now, I'm guessing this is because of some shenanigans that Microsoft does... However, even when using the native Mac OS partial screenshot functionality, the screenshot just doesn't show up on the clipboard history.
I've been seeing this for months now, across multiple versions of BTT, and I'm 100% sure this only happens with Microsoft apps (with the notable exception of Visual Studio Code).
Any idea what's going on in here?
- Type of Mac: MBP 16-inch, 2021, Apple M1 Pro chip
- macOS version: Ventura 13.1 (22C65)
- BetterTouchTool version: 4.075 (2291)
Notes on screenshots
- Screenshots do not end up in the clipboard history if a Microsoft app is focused.
- If a Microsoft app is partly on the screen, but a separate app is in focus, then one can indeed capture the screenshot. See this example where Outlook can be screenshot when having the Terminal in focus beside it on the desktop: