How to support multiple mice?

I have 2 advanced trackballs and they both have button 3 button 4, etc.

Is there a way I can have separate mice or button bound per device?

Did you ever figure out a solution here? I'm trying to do the same thing, and I still can't find a dependable way to achieve this.

As far as I can tell, there is no way that BTT provides for using specific devices in different ways. All mice are the same.

Karabiner-Elements will solve your problem, however. It provides functionality that extends to specific devices. I'm pretty sure that it permits customizing even two mice of the same make and model, because it knows their different DeviceIDs. It supports mouse buttons up to Button32, so it will let you use a whole herd of mice in any crazy/wonderful way that makes your life complete.

The closest I have been able to have two different mouse setups in BTT is to create two folders and activate the right one as needed. My trackballs are different when I'm at work or at home so here are the folders.

At the moment, I open BTT and then select one, activate it (command-D) and select the other and deactivate it (command-D as well). I'm looking at the possibility of automating this but haven't found yet in Shortcuts or AppleScript

Hey @davidpgagnon if you are physically at work or at home you can easily make a Conditional Activation Group (CAG) that is based on the WiFi SSID:

And then you can make one for you work's WiFi and move your Mouse @ Work folder to it. And then do one for your home's WiFi and move the Mouse @ Home folder to that one and it should work automatically :slight_smile:

Amazing! Thank you so much, I didn't even know this was a possibility. It works like a charm :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need a razer orbweaver and naga with custom hot keys to work at the same time on the mac. Is this possible with BTT? I've already bought the 2 year license but if this is possible, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to configure 2 mice?