How to *reduce* sensitivity of Magic Mouse?

I posted this question in "Discussion" in October 2022 but nobody responded. I thought I'd try here, because what I want to do appears to qualify as a new feature.

Since upgrading to an M1 Mac / Monterey, I've found that all apps are highly sensitive to tiny mouse movements, with the result that I often have to select text 2 or 3 times, because the selection moves up or down with tiny changes in my finger position on the mouse. That is, tiny changes in my static finger position result in significant cursor movements on screen. (Note that scrolling is normal.)

I think that what I'm looking for is a way to adjust touch sensitivity (fingers on mouse), not tracking sensitivity (mouse on desk).

Is there a setting in BTT that allows me to reduce the sensitivity of the mouse in MS Word so that these tiny movements are ignored? I've tried adjusting Zoom/Pinch/Scroll > "Set scroll + modifier sensitivity", but this does not appear to address my need.

If not, is this a feature that could be added?

I don't know the answer to this regarding BTT, but for what it's worth you might have some luck with other utilities like Smart Scroll, USB Overdrive, or SteerMouse (though I don't have a Magic Mouse, but they all have various features for controlling mouse stuff, worth a try). I also had weird hyper-sensitivity issues when upgrading to M1/Mont which I used USB Overdrive to correct.

Thank you. I will experiment with these and report back.

USB Overdrive and SteerMouse state that they don't work with Apple devices.

And Smart Scroll adjust scrolling but not sensitivity.

So I must hope that Andreas reads this thread and concludes that adjusting touch sensitivity is both possible and desirable.