Description of what you are sharing
I bought a lifetime license to BTT and am running 3.373 on Catalina 10.15.4.
I'm trying to take a setup I've created (that works), create a backup (via export), then import that backup as a new preset without overwriting the setup that works.
The steps appear to be:
- make sure the preset/setup is selected as the master preset
- export the preset/setup and name it
- to import the exported backup preset/setup without overwriting the one that works, it looks like you have to create a new blank preset/setup in BTT
- make the new preset the master preset/setup so the backup gets imported into it
- choose import, select the desired backup, and choose to replace the current selected master preset with the exported "backup" preset/setup
Every time I do the above, the exported settings (of the setup that works) are lost. Fortunately I learned how to keep the setup that works by never deleting it or overwriting it. The problem I'm having is I can only "keep" the working setup in BTT because I haven't figured out how to export it and import it without overwriting the setup/preset that works!
Maybe this is so easy/intuitive that I haven't figured it out.
Any help appreciated.