How do I invert the scrolling of the MagicMouse?

It seems like the MagicMouse is immune to the scrolling inversion of the mouse scroll. Is there a way to make it so that the scroll on the magic mouse is included?

Inverting scrolling of MagicMouse is done in MacOS Preferences, no?
System Preferences > Mouse > Scroll Direction

Scrolling (1 Finger) trigger in BetterTouchTool requires a modifier key to be held while scrolling.
When you select "Scroll Up" or "Scroll Down" as the trigger, in the "Basic Config" of the trigger, you need to check one of the options for "Trigger only while holding these keys:" .. ⇧ ⌘ ⌃ ⌥

Do you not know why the inversion button was invented? You can't reverse the scroll direction

English?

You can change the scroll direction..

No you can't. It'll lock it to your trackpad direction regardless of what you do. Try it. BTT toggle literally does nothing

Did I say anything about inverting it in BTT? No, I said to use the MacOS preference.

And you can have the Trackpad scroll one way, and the MagicMouse scroll the other.. I use both on my Mac and MacBook Pro.. MagicMouse & Magic Trackpad (or trackpad) have separate scrolling settings in MacOS..

The BTT setting literally says "for NORMAL mice only" Use MacOS (system) setting for MagicMouse..
The setting in BTT is meant for mice with SCROLLWHEELS!

1 Like

Take it easy, @Small is right, just try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep @Small is correct. The setting in BTT is only relevant if you want to have different scroll directions for normal mouse with scroll wheel and for Magic Mouse.

If you just want to invert magic mouse do that in the macos system preferences

Please, please add this feature per application. I bought this program with the expectation that I would be able to adjust mouse settings per application, and this is a fundamental feature which I cannot change in several applications where natural scrolling doesn't work and I have to keep switching it back and forth manually. It's infuriating and for a paid application this should be a main feature.

It's infuriating and for a paid application this should be a main feature.

Rephrase your post, ask nicely and there might be a chance this will be added at some point. Asking with this kind of entitlement has never lead to a feature becoming available in BetterTouchTool.
Best create a new post so that the feature can be tracked.

Entitlement? It’s a basic feature that you skipped and I paid you for the use case that was advertised. By you. Does your app allow application specific modification? Yes. Great. Does it allow inversion of scroll wheel functionality? Yes? Great! Oh wait, after I paid you it turns out it doesn’t work at all. And there is already a feature request for this that you’ve ignored. It IS infuriating. Expressing my frustration at wasting money is not entitlement.

there is a 45 day trial, there is a 14 day return policy and the feature you want has never been mentioned anywhere in any of BTT’s product descriptions.

Maybe ask Apple whether they integrate it in macOS because you have probably paid for your Mac as well. (and make sure to mention it’s infuriating, that probably will help)

Pure entitlement.

Grow a thicker skin. Be sure to leave this up so others googling this feature will know that you're ignoring it because you didn't like someone's tone.

1 Like

Correct, future googlers hopefully know how not to ask for a new feature. Luckily most feature requests adhere to the guidelines.

1 Like

Courtesy is the virtue of kings. It is good for those who receive it. But it is even better for those who give it. That's why they are kings :slightly_smiling_face: