How can I disable Clipboard/Pasteboard history for specific apps?

I have the problem that when copying field formulas in MS Word when clipboard history of BTT is enabled it is causing MS Word to crash. So I would like to disable clipboard history for MS Word. Is that possible? Thanks!

Yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! (Maybe also in the feature a shortcut for this option would be nice :+1:t4: )

Is there a way to achieve this for a browser extension (Bitwarden) without disabling it for the whole browser ?

Only if the extension marks the clipboard content as "sensitive", 1Password and the like do this. (http://nspasteboard.org/ )

So UNchecking "Record concealed or application specific clipboard contents" should prevent it. Am I understanding this right?

If so, then I'll make a request on Bitwarden side.

Yes, correct!
They would need to implement the concealed type described on nspasteboard.org (not sure whether that's possible for a browser extension though)

1 Like

Nice! So I excluded BTT clipboard manager for my password manager KeePassXC.

But now I wonder: Where can I see / manage this setting / exclusion? All I see is that the app appears in the left pane, but I can't find the exclusion specified anywhere.

But now I wonder: Where can I see / manage this setting / exclusion? All I see is that the app appears in the left pane, but I can't find the exclusion specified anywhere.

Update: The new UI fixes that issue and has a checkbox on the right config pane.

1 Like

Is there any way to toggle or “pause” clipboard history through BTT’s gestures and actions? The menu item is super handy, but I’d love to be able to stick something on the Touch Bar or assign a keyboard shortcut.