High CPU Utilization

Describe the bug
The latest version(s) of BTT generates 100% CPU Utilization. It happens also with the latest Alpha version. I can not provide any further information, since CPU gets high immediately after start. If you tell me what information you need, I try to send it to you.


Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):


Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)


Device information:

  • Type of Mac: MacBook Air M4
  • macOS version: 26.5.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 6.667

Could you send me the logs stored in ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/Logs, go there via Finder => Go => Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~ (andreas@folivora.ai)

I haven't seen similar reports yet, so it is probably something pretty specific. Maybe some trigger that is set to trigger itself or similar.

You can try to enable safe mode by running this terminal command:

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTSafeModeEnabled YES         

//edit: after looking at the logs I guess it is an issue related to the experimental Dropbox sync. Possibly some corrupted cloud data. Can you try running this terminal command to disable the experimental sync?

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDropboxSyncActive -bool false

I'm seeing the same problem with the better touch tool, where it pegs one of my CPUs at 100% for 10 days straight and kills my battery. Is there a fix for this yet?

@John_Murray high cpu usage can have many reasons, can you provide some details? Which version of BTT and macOS are you running?