Help with Resolving Overlapping Custom Triggers in BetterTouchTool

Hello BetterTouchTool Community,

I am encountering an issue with overlapping triggers that I've set up and need some assistance to resolve it. I have configured the following triggers:

Double tap on the Shift key (two consecutive Shift key presses).
Control + Shift + Shift (pressing Shift twice following a Control press).
Control + Shift + Shift + Shift (pressing Shift three times following a Control press).

The problem I'm facing is that these triggers seem to interfere with each other. For instance, when I attempt to use the second trigger, the first trigger gets activated instead.

Is there a way to make these triggers function correctly without overlapping? Should I adjust the timing settings in the trigger configurations, or is there something else I can do?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
John Jace

1 Like

Yes that's what the timings are made for.

So for your second one you could set the "min pause before first keystroke" time to e.g. 0.5 seconds. For the first you could also enable the "only trigger if no further keyboard input is recognized" to e.g. 0.2 or 0.3 seconds.

Alternatively for 1 you could also use the advanced trigger conditions to only allow it triggering if the currently_pressed_keyboard_keys variables doesn't contain the "59," (ctrl). This might be the most reliable solution for this usecase

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for fixing my problem!

Best,
John Jace