Has support for leap motion been completely dropped?

hi, I remember that there used to be support for leap motion devices - I know this is no longer present in UI, but perhaps triggering some JSON via webserver can still make use of it? I've two of those and I just remembered that there was indeed an option for that. Is there anything left after it or was it totally removed?

Yep, unfortunately Leap is gone completely (had issues with their framework which also no longer seems to be supported). Also almost nobody used it :slight_smile:

Well, happens. Thanks for letting me know!

Is there another motion device you support? I'm really sad to not be able to use my Leap Motion anymore with BTT.

Hey,

How can I find out which is the newest version of BTT that still supports the Leap Motion tracker?

Sorry it has been a long time since Leap Motion has been removed. The last version that supported it was https://bettertouchtool.net/releases/btt2.297b.zip

Thank you very much, I was not sure you would see this post.

Great software!
Best regards

Oh damn! I just bought a lifetime license because I'd been using leap support and was on 2.280 or similar and now I'm going to have to use the old version.

Is there an API that I can use to write a new handler for this or is it unusable now?

Thanks in advance

no the leap feature is completely gone. You can request a refund if you won’t use the new versions (andreas@folivora.ai) then the license will be invalidated.

Oh no worries in that regard then.

Was just looking as to if I can use it. Will have a look through all the new features compared to the old version and work out from there. Prefer to support the development if I use even a couple of features that support my workflow :slight_smile:

Will have to work out what's best to do with my LEAP I think at this rate!

Missing the leap motion feature here too.
Used to use it all the time for switching spaces and activating expose.
Would love to have this back as it was futuristic at the time, but now not possible.

Leap Motion support has been gone for years and won't come back. I don't even have such a device anymore :wink:

I have it working on MacOS Monterey and M1 MacOS Ventura using the Leap Motion + BetterTouchTool Version 1.921 (btt1.921b). However, you need to run the following command on your terminal:

> killall -9 UVCAssistant

You can read more on the solution here:

oh my god :grinning: what are you doing with this ancient stuff?

Leap just came out with a new controller. It has a much wider lens angle, faster hand tracking, and is generally better in every way. The reason people (myself included) didn't use the BTT feature with leap previously is because the controller was too slow. Many people (myself included) bought the new leap controller and plan to finally add gesture based control to their workflow. Any chance BTT would add leap support back for this new controller? Even if it was just experimental?

1 Like

Ah interesting!
I think it would need a completely new implementation because the old code was a nice experiment but also wasn't really usable in the real world.
Currently I don't think I will add a new Leap implementation, but I'll checkout the new device - maybe it's better than I assume it will be :wink:

1 Like

Gemini 5.13.2 - Beta for macOS has just been released.
Can't wait to try it with BTT to control my macOS.