Groups from CAG not opened

Describe the bug
I have a group (let's call it XY) inside a CAG (based on the window name in order to show the group for special websites).
A trigger anywhere else "Open Touch Bar Group with name: XY" won't open the group if the window name does not fit, even though I might want to see it exceptionally. If I remember correctly this was possible before, if not this Bug Report should be moved to an highly wanted "Feature Request" :slightly_smiling_face:

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

• Touch Bar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBookPro15,3
  • macOS version: 10.14.4 Beta (18E220a)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.733

You should move the group to the global group or to some CAG that is always true. You can uncheck the "visible" checkbox, so it is not actually displayed.

You can then have some button in your CAG that uses the predefined action "Open Touch Bar Group with name" to open the group.

Adding exceptions to override the CAG conditions in certain cases would make the logic even more complicated - currently I want to avoid that :slight_smile:

Oki thanks for the quick answer. Any possibility that these (two) groups would synchronise? So if I make a change in one this will automatically appear in the other? I mean, it will be pretty easy to do "by hand" with the update (which is really great for now by the way!), but an automatic sync would be really fancy I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

You would only have the group once! Just the button that opens the group needs to be duplicated in both places.
The only important thing is that the group is in a CAG that is always true - or just added to the global group.

Ahhhhh got it now! :smiley: Thank you for lighting up my lantern!

Something else I just noticed (--sorree--): this CAG has as a trigger "Window name + ends with + website name" (for example Window name ends with youtube). Works great, if I move through tabs in Safari the group opens up when the YouTube tab comes up. But if I move on to a non-youtube tab (lets say community.folivora) the group remains open. Is there an other trigger I should use in order to make groups open only for one domain?

It's possible that Safari doesn't send a title change notification in this case. I'll look into that - afaik this is working in Google Chrome.

Thank you! Hero of my day so far :smiley: