GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Would be great if you could test 3.390 alpha (currently uploading).

I think it should fix the date issue. It should also fix that icon issue, but I'm not 100% sure whether this fix has any side effects that I haven't thought of. I'll monitor this for a while.

1 Like

Icon issue seems fixed, will keep an eye out for possible side issues. Likewise, will be keeping an eye on the time for any issues with the date widget :smile:

By the way, while doing some performance monitoring a while ago I found that these Apple Script calls are super expensive (cpu):

if application "ColorSnapper2" is running then
	return " "
else
	return ""
end if

The problem is that macOS creates the whole list of running applications on each call. I have integrated a much more performant way to retrieve the running information in BTT:

tell application "BetterTouchTool"
    if is_app_running "ColorSnapper2" then
        return " "
    else
        return ""
    end if
end tell

The BTT solution might currently be a bit slower to update (I'll look into improving speed) but the CPU usage should noticably better

3 Likes

That is fantastic, I will update all scripts that do this in the next release!

First-time user here. Just downloaded this, and am having trouble getting correct weather (I enabled Location Services as well).
: (

@GoldenChaos Just wondering when the next version will be available with latest fixes in?

I don't like promising release dates for obvious reasons, but I'm working on getting the next version out within the next week or so! It will have the performance improvements from above.

2 Likes

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I'm having some random problems:

• There's recently a blank box between media controls and the now playing sections in my home strip. I can't get rid of it.

• My now playing widget also seem not to affect iTunes any longer so is useless.

• Also, the weather icon when tapped always tries to open my user folder in my Alfred (spotlight replacement) and that's always happened.

Hi guys!

Some of the badges are not working for me: things3 for example. I did restart and reboot BTT and the app but no luck here :frowning: please help.

Also the play/pause button does not work when I use Plug.app or other websites that has media playing.

Cheers,
B

Hi, where can I find the icons that Golden Chaos uses?

They're all on the GitHub! You can also extract them from the BTT Config window by right clicking on any widget and choosing "Save Icons for Selected Trigger to File".

Is there a way to add more browsers to the browser tabs widget?

@GoldenChaos can you please help me out here?

Ah, apologies! Iā€™ll look into the badge bug. I was actually just updating all the dock badges and didnā€™t see anything specifically wrong with the Things badge, but Iā€™m going to redownload Things and double check.

There are a few adjustments I think Iā€™m going to make yo how play/pause appears. Iā€™m going to re-add compatibility for some things manually, one of which is whatā€™s causing your issue Iā€™m pretty sure. Please try out the upcoming version when itā€™s out and let me know if it fixes your issue :slight_smile:

What browsers are you looking to see support for? Firefox doesnā€™t support scripting sadly.

Sorry for the delay!

• Iā€™m unable to reproduce this issue. Could you provide a screenshot?
  • Are you still on macOS Mojave? It should still support iTunes, but I just wanna make sure weā€™re talking about the same app before I start debugging haha.
  • This is because the weather widget tap action uses Carrotā€™s default keyboard shortcut in order to show the Carrot menu bar item. There seem to be a few conflicts with this keyboard shortcut so in a future version Iā€™ll make it check whether or not youā€™re running Carrot and display a version of the weather widget without any tap actions if you arenā€™t running Carrot.

Can calendar default back to the current date when pressed? Currently, after entering the calendar widget and moving forward in date (e.g. from < ā–²Sat 6/27/20 + > to < ā–²Sun 6/28/20 + >) and exiting without moving back to the current date, if you reenter the widget it opens up on the future date you moved to rather than the current date.

Overall issue:
Start: < ā–²Sat 6/27/20 + > moved to < ā–²Sun 6/28/20 + >.
Exit.
Start: < ā–²Sun 6/28/20 + > appears when it should be < ā–²Sat 6/27/20 + >.

Any help/fix is much appreciated!

@mangosteen @Andreas_Hegenberg is there a way to achieve this? Would love to make this improvement.

In other news, the next version of GC is well under way and, in addition to the aforementioned performance improvements and requested feature additions, will also come with an entirely new settings and about experience built around the new macOS menu bar items and context menus! It's pretty awesome. Sneak peek:

Depending on how far I get with the remaining features, it will either be out today or tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm not sure if this is due to something I did or if it's something baked in but currently, when I hit the weather widget, alfred opens up. The problem isn't replicated with alfred isn't open. Unsure of how to fix this. It opens up /users/myname in alfred for some reason. Is there a way to make this stop?

You can disable the weather widget keyboard shortcut manually so it doesn't conflict with Alfred! I'm still working on an elegant solution to this issue. There are two weather widgets, here's where they are:

Just remove the action from those two widgets and it won't invoke Alfred anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like