GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

feature-request
bug

I agree with @whitehusky, incorporating iStat CPU and Memory stats would be a really neat option!

Hey guys! Replies incoming, got a bit of catching up to do. I ended up blocked this week by some last-minute tax biz. I FINALLY finished that, so I’m hoping to push out a new experimental version with new play buttons this weekend. It’s turning into a bit of a refactor of widget groups using conditional activation groups, but the result is that things happen instantly on the Touch Bar rather than having a slight delay, so definitely worth it.

I’ll edit my replies in here and highlight the person when my response is up :slight_smile:

@rctneil This seems to be first-load behavior. Not sure of a way around it. Dark red backgrounds are a side effect of it not initializing entirely properly, working on a fix for that one but it will take a few builds. As for the broken switches, will double test all the ones you mentioned before putting out the next build. Finally, re: amphetamine, I'll check it out and give some thought on how to include support for various caffeinate apps.

@Stevenflappy I'm not sure what you mean by "use the long press option"? How are you enabling/disabling badges? And re: bt headphones, this is possible by editing the action attached to the Beats button, but I'm actually planning an update for the settings menu that lets you set custom names for your bluetooth devices so nobody has to edit the script manually anymore :slight_smile:

@yw4z There is no good way to detect this at the moment, which is why it doesn't change color. I continue to look for ways to do this that actually work well, but until then Night Shift/True Tone don't change color.

@whitehusky This hasn't happened to me with Spotify since before version 2.641. Since that version, there is no code that launches the Spotify app, which was not the case in the past. What version of GC-BTT are you using?

Finally, I am definitely working on a stats widget that includes a battery percentage. I know this particular functionality probably seems long overdue! I would really like to be able to replace the battery graphic, though, which is one of the major reasons why I haven't included it in the preset. But at this point I also want a stats widget in the menu bar, so it shall be done!