GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Yes, you can change this! By default it's set to the "small step" adjustment because I thought that would be more popular. However, just edit the gestures to do normal volume up/down in the BTT preferences. Gestures are at the very top of the list in their own button group, just expand it to see all the gestures :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the weather widget, we're actually doing a-ok on API calls right now, using just 300 out of our 1000 calls a day. What error are you getting when the script runs? Have you installed the python requests module and locateme?

I've updated the first post of the thread with info about the latest beta version and some installation instructions :slightly_smiling_face: hopefully this helps people pick the right version for them.

I will say that I consider 2.530-2 to be quite stable, and it should be fully compatible with High Sierra, so I'd love to get this version on the preset site @Andreas_Hegenberg. Is there a way we can possibly manually update the verified version? I really don't want to lose the existing share link.

I did the pip install requests but not locateme. How do i install locateme?

You'll need Homebrew if you don't already have it, then from the terminal just type brew install locateme :slightly_smiling_face:

thank you so much for this... its super :fire::fire:

1 Like

y not just have people sign up for their own key? took me all of 30 seconds

Thanks for the volume adjustment tip...it's working the way I like now.

Regarding the weather API...I installed locateme but still having the same issue.

How do I see the entire error output? Right now I'm just going off what I can see on my touchbar and it's only the first line or whatever fits...starting with "Traceback (most recent call last):......"

Thanks so much for your work on this preset, the cool factor is massive and it pretty much singlehandedly vindicates the Touch Bar's existence.

I'm having a small issue on Mojave--the icalBuddy solution to get calendar events doesn't seem to be working. I have a suspicion it's because icalbuddy is not requesting calendar access permissions directly. If you run icalbuddy in Terminal, it requests calendar access permissions for Terminal which you can then grant; this allows icalbuddy to work as expected. However, this prompt never appears in BTT, and the output of the shell script is simply blank.

I'm not really sure how to get around this since Mojave doesn't let you add calendar permissions manually.

1 Like

That is an amazing complement @kdhyde, thank you! :blush:

I'm sorry I've been away for a few days, been busy working on a new portfolio :sweat_smile: just got it up! It has a page for GoldenChaos-BTT, too. (@kdhyde would you mind if I quoted you on this page? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I'm exhausted after that marathon though, I'll write full responses for you guys tomorrow :slight_smile: @kdhyde @KungFuJoe @wowthatisrandom

Much agreed. Whenever someone talks about how useless the touchbar is, I just show them this tool.

Apple is great at coming up with cool concepts, but then they fall short in terms of actually developing useful implementations. 3D Touch is another example. I rarely use it, but the few times I do, it's amazing. No one else in my family even knows it exists. I mean they do, but might as well not since they never use it. Feel like a huge missed opportunity.

1 Like

haha, of course, feel free to quote me.

1 Like

Hi Team,

Does anyone know where I can get the “Now Playing” red circular icon that’s found in this present? I’ve searched google and just can seem to find it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here you go! I remember searching for this and being unable to find it and having to extract it myself, so I feel your pain :slight_smile:

nowplaying

Coincidentally the iTunes Now Playing widget seems to be broken for me right now for some reason. I should have some time tomorrow to fix this along with the calendar widget (if it can, in fact, be fixed).

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks!

Yeah, I’m actually tweaking its behavior and seems to be behaving pretty well except this one little issue where if I close the iTunes app completely, something triggers it to open it again.

I’ll continue to debug later tonight.

Edit: Figured out it was the timing on which I was executing the script. Set it for 1 second and is working as expected now.

Hey GoldenChaos,

thank you so much for your work - it´s working very well at the moment - really awesome!

Could someone be so nice and tell me how to change the time display in the touch bar to set a european time zone?

1 Like

head into the btt touchbar settings, scroll down and find the "Date/Time Widget" double click it and you will see the place to update your time zone.

Thank you very much, this work like a charm!

Could you please tell me how i could set the weather id for german city called „Wetzlar" or "Gießen"?

Just discovered your work GoldenChaos... I'm impressed!

I'm using the latest beta version (2.530-2) and the Alpha of BTT. I'm running into an issue where iTunes/Spotify aren't showing up. I can see them flash on the Touch Bar when I reload BTT. I've removed the preset and added it back, and I'm still having the same issue. Everything else seems to be showing up properly.

Thoughts?

I have downloaded the preset but am having trouble with the play/pause feature in spotify. If i have my apple headphones connected and i use the pause button, the music will pause then immediately start playing again due to a reactivation of the button. is there a fix for this?

Just updated to your new version -- I'm not seeing it work. Looking in the iTunes widget, I just went into the script widget customization options, and hit "Run Script" .. the result is ""

In the Spotify widget, I did a compile/check syntax -- it has an error: "set artworkURL to artwork url of current track"

I'm not much of a programmer, but I'm trying to make sense of what is causing the break.

Thanks!
Matt