GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Does anyone have insight as to how I can get BTT's media keys working with Vox? It'd be amazing if Vox functionality could get integrated into the GoldenChaos preset.

I took a look at this preset to see if it had any clues, but it doesn't seem to work.

Sidenote: A huge thank you GoldenChaos for the relentless preset updates.

2 Likes

I'm assuming you're talking about the experimental version - if so, the media controls use the system Now Playing information, so it will only "support" apps that play nice with this feature of macOS. The bright side is that if/when the app dev updates their app it will automatically work with the now playing widget!

I don't want to recreate the issue since I got my configuration set up, so I will explain the steps to recreate the problem. If I have the clock set to "dynamic" and I try to change the size of the bar on the right with the arrows, the clock changes from the whole text to just the minutes. For instance, instead of "Sun Sep 9, 7:35 PM" it says "35".

Thanks for the explanation. Vox has a slightly hacky Prefpane extension that works with the Touch Bar's native media keys, but unfortunately the app does not integrate with the system Now Playing widget.

Grr, okay, time to investigate... thanks for info!

hey! so i love this preset and I'm wondering if it can be possible to make upgrading some* aspects of the preset's later version while keeping the overall changes I've made to my liking.

Same thing here. Almost anything I do on this version on the preset makes the Date/time widget go to the "Missing value". Aww it made this version unusable for me, so i will go to the older one. I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong or is it a common bug.

also, Is there a chance to implement a 12/24 hour format setting? :upside_down_face: :heart:

Looking at your screenshots, I see that the back and forward buttons do not have the "Back" and "Forward" text. I couldn't figure out how to do this in my setup. Any tips would be appreciated. I love how this looks and would love to use it with my new MacBook Pro! :slight_smile:

I ended up deleting and reinstalling and now everything looks fine!

1 Like

I'll implement more settings once I figure out how to initialize these ones properly :stuck_out_tongue: I clearly have no idea how to identify "missing value". Essentially I'm trying to have the preset check to see if you've ever set a date preference, then set the default if you haven't. But it's not working because it's not identifying "missing value" properly. @_@

Can confirm it works perfectly. I tried it a few times and it worked.

Thank you for the all-day events calendar update and fixing this issue!

3 Likes

This update fixes all the issues I had with the original 2.636 release! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello, I've one problem... the Icons have all text, so the buttons are too big...

I use the beta of Mojave, does it matter?

Sincerely

Not sure if it is possible when changing the GC-BTT settings that the settings screen does not close.

For example, when I upgrade, I wipe the preset and re-import from scratch. Then I have to select my settings again (I am using iCal over Fantastical or Chrome over Safari etc). As soon as I click on a setting (i.e. turn on "WhatsApp"), the setting strip closes. When reopening settings, I have to scroll all the way to where I left off.

This is the intended behavior, but is definitely not desirable. I haven't heard a single person say this behaves as expected.

@Andreas_Hegenberg can we please change this behavior? It throws everyone off; I think there's enough evidence here, haha.

@Matthias_Bierogel try removing GC-BTT completely, updating BTT, then reimporting the latest version.

I have a question about the Airpods battery widget.

I wore Airpods of 100% battery at 6:18 (Just listen Music). An hour later, the Airpods battery widget was displaying 70%. That means AirPods have consumed 30% of the time (and it shows the same value on Bluetooth). And when I plug Airpods into AirPods case and reconnect it my MacBook, Airpods battery will show 95%. Actual battery consumption is 5%, and I wonder why the battery consumption is different.

No clue why, but it's possible they're actually charging up the moment you put them in the case. The battery is super small and honestly takes just a few minutes to charge halfway.

For everyone else: My next task is implementing a 24-Hour Time setting, and then I'm pretty sure I want to declare the version after that stable if everything goes smoothly. Any objections? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: @Andreas_Hegenberg did 2.637 change the UUIDs of some items? A lot of my scripts stopped working. This is gonna be fun... we should probably continue coordinating stable GC-BTT releases with stable BTT versions, that way I can guarantee they'll work until the next stable version at least.

1 Like

I guess you are right. I tested it after connecting it to the iPhone. And I confirmed. As soon as I put it in the case, the battery changes from 70% to 85% ..

2.637 should not have changed any UUIDs. What kind of scripts stopped working? Are you sure it's caused by the UUIDs? Next stable release that will be pushed to everybody is planned for mid next week.

One question: is there a reason you often use Apple Script widgets that only have this script

return " "

? Couldn't this be done with normal buttons? (There is always a slight overhead when using script widgets)

//edit: I think I found what caused some of your scripts to fail in the last alpha. Could you try v2.638?

1 Like

2.638 fixed it! Nice. What was causing the issue? I'm super curious.

The script widgets that only have return " " in them are that way so that they retain identical padding and icon sizing to their menu bar counterparts, so you'll notice that if the menu bar widget is a script then its setting button is as well. I spent a lot of time making sure all the items in the menu bar were padded correctly, and padding seems to work differently on normal buttons so I didn't want to redo that work. If there was an easy way to switch an item between being a widget and being a normal button, I would use that.

(Additionally, two other issues factored into my "laziness" in deciding to reuse the script widgets: you currently can't paste an item inside of a button group, and you can't select multiple items and move them around together. This causes me to take shortcuts when creating items inside button groups, because it is very time consuming to copy widgets inside a group. First I have to find the new copy somewhere else in the preset, then drag it all the way back to the button group in question, then repeat for each additional widget. As far as I know, both of these issues are regressions.)