GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

One small copypasta error in 2.561-4 to note for stable release: Both Spark and Astro scripts currently launch Astro out of the box.

What the... I had already fixed that. @Andreas_Hegenberg there is a bug where sometimes I edit widgets and settings actually revert. This is an example. It's also happened to widget titles and names, and I'm pretty sure is related to why weather icons keep disappearing on restart.

Will re-fix for next version. If you find any more bugs or regressions, please let me know!

EDIT: Also heyyyy check out dat messages support!

Great! Safari "Now Playing" is showing up properly now, thank you :blush: But for some reason i still can't get my media controls to work with Youtube still :pensive:. I might be doing it wrong but for some reason media controls don't
want to stay up on the touchbar once i close Spotify.

The only time that i got them to stay up and work is when Spotify was open but there were no songs on it to play, so the controls focused on Youtube I assume.

These are my High Sierra Media Key Enabler options, should there be something different?

Aha, I can rig the just the play button to show up if there are no media players running and a youtube video is open. I used to do that and removed it because it didn't work reliably. But now that I have a more reliable way to detect YouTube stuff I'll make this change in the next version :slight_smile:

EDIT: Got it working :smile: can confirm that it does indeed control YouTube when all media players are closed.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Also, the messages support that you showed earlier looks sick! :smiley:

I'm also trying to do this but for trackpad preferences.. Not sure if its possible

Thank you so much for the Messages one. I've been trying to figure out how to make that work since I got BTT!

1 Like

Telegram? Twitter DMs?

1 Like

Turns out the vanishing icon issue is caused by a super old core data bug that Apple apparently still hasn't fixed. ( https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/14647 )
This may delay the next version a bit, because I think I will need to change the way BTT stores such data. Apparently I can't trust Apple's Core Data to do it correctly :frowning:

Worth delaying the release to fix, imo. What a nasty bug, sucks that it's a Core Data issue.

Thought I'd pop in with an update on dock badge widgets! Check it out, it's like a tiny Notification Center:

I can already tell this is going to get messy once enough apps are added, so eventually I'll provide a way for these to collapse into a red dot you can tap. Would be nice if it auto-collapsed if there were more than two, but I can't think of a way to do that.

1 Like

any shot for getting unread mail for Boxy

ps the new dock setup you got going is super cool

Already got Boxy! :slight_smile: Here's everything I have so far (ignore the missing/wrong icons and settings, it's all WiP):

you're the bomb! if you'll let me be a bit greedier, how about YakYak, best hangouts client i have found since apple removed jabber support from messages.

Hey there's one I don't know :smile: will make sure to add it. These are very easy to make so I can add whatever people want badges for!

getting crashes on the latest build(2.563) on mojave whenever i use any of the touchbar buttons

https://pastebin.com/kXg7R8zZ - crash log

you need the latest mojave beta

2 Likes

course it prompts me to update - as a dev i apologize for being a dummy

None of the scripts show on my touch bar when apps are open, except for spotify, finder, and airdrop.

Latest mojave beta, and alpha 2.563

The Airpods connect button doesn't seem to work for me :thinking: When i try to connect Airpods by pressing it nothing happens, but when i connect them manually in system preferences it lights up blue. It seems to detect properly if the Airpods are connected or not.