GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

You're a star. I've just been to PayPal. :gift:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip - it was a network issue in that I didn't have location services enabled for locateme.

Thanks for your help!

And thanks @GoldenChaos!

1 Like

I'm having issues with the calendar widget and Fantastical 2. When I long press on the date, I get the following output:

Also, the calendar widget does not show up on the touch bar even tho it is enabled:

I've already downloaded icalBuddy, so I'm not sure what may be causing this issue.

Also will support for the Spark mail app be added soon?

This means that something is wrong with your icalBuddy installation. Make sure it's installed to /usr/local/bin/icalBuddy. The other option is you have no calendar events in the next week? :stuck_out_tongue:

icalBuddy seems to give people a lot of issues and is difficult to troubleshoot, this might be the next logical widget to knock off the list @Andreas_Hegenberg - native reminders/calendar support

Spark support coming soon, yep! Working on it and Airmail right now, actually. I'm so frustrated with Airmail that I think I'll take a break and do Spark lol

EDIT: Wow, Spark was easy. Airmail y u so annoying

I went through the Calendar Actions and removed all instances of -ea which worked for me on the last version.

Thanks for the Safari tabs!

Yep a native calendar widget should be doable :slight_smile: Will work on this next week. However if everything goes well I'll probably do a public release by the end of the week, then start a new alpha phase next week.

Btw. the add_new_trigger function returns a UUID which you can use to delete the trigger again later. Not sure if that would help.

1 Like

It would be amazing to see an example, especially of buttons being generated/destroyed inside of a button group. Another thing that would be useful is knowing how to set the button in the series to have the correct corner radius on the right edge. I think I'm just having a tough time getting started here.

I'm working on a new version for 2.559. Some spacing/padding broke again :stuck_out_tongue: but I got Chrome tabs working in the browser tabs widget! So that'll be in the next release, too.

EDIT: Button highlighting is not working for me in 2.559. Additionally, all conditional widgets are displayed at all times. Whoops :stuck_out_tongue: I downgraded for now @Andreas_Hegenberg

1 Like

I think with some editing it would be, currently, it counts all unread emails in all folders in All Accounts from what I can gather:
Weirdly it seems to be out 1 everytime, regardless of how many emails I open (it'll update but be under by 1), perhaps an array issue or something where it's counting the first email as 0?

Welp, time to go get outlook and see if I can help out :stuck_out_tongue:

Got it! Here's a working multi-account no-config Outlook unread mail count script. It loops through each account inbox and then sums the different unread counts together :slight_smile: this will be included in the next GC-BTT release. @liamb @Harrumph

if application "Microsoft Outlook" is running then
	try
		tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
			set unreadCounts to the unread count of every mail folder whose name is "Inbox"
		end tell
		set unreadCount to 0
		repeat with this_item in unreadCounts
			set unreadCount to unreadCount + this_item
		end repeat
		if unreadCount is not 0 then
			return unreadCount
		else
			return ""
		end if
	on error
		return ""
	end try
else
	return ""
end if

EDIT: Also figured out a small workaround to cap the ends of tab lists, which has also inspired me to figure out how to make multi-component buttons out of widgets with no space between them. Definitely gonna play around with being able to close browser tabs from here.

2 Likes

There's about 147 Mission Control keyboard shortcuts in this one. :smiley:

What the... welp. Hold on, time to make a new release :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha. ETA?! I need my daily BTT fix!

I dunno like a few minutes? XD I gotta check to make sure this one doesn't have any crap in it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I do wish there was an easier way to upgrade things. But, it's not too bad. If it was easier, it would probably be hard to keep customizations I suppose.

HUM. Or at least if we could group or sort by presets in the main settings area? Or have each group have a different color? I'm often pulling in just a few of the buttons/widgets to replace my old ones.

Edited to add: CRAP, there are colors!

The weather widget for Option and Command has a different rainy cloud icon. HUGE DEAL BREAKER.

1 Like

Technically they all have the same icon, but there's a bug where the icons for weather widgets will seemingly randomly be reset on BTT restart. Not sure if it's fixed in 2.559 but I'll never find out now :stuck_out_tongue: @Andreas_Hegenberg

You win!... Happy to say I was on the same path of defining "inbox" to avoid the folderIDs issue but your script is far more efficient than mine.

Replaced in my Outlook script and works a treat. Awesome job!

Now...about some Firefox love...:thinking::wink::grin:

1 Like

It's perfect!

Wondering if there's a way to use this and combine with another script I started working on:

if application "Microsoft Outlook" is running then
	try
		tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
			set theMessage to first item of (messages where its is read is not true)
			set theSent to (sender of theMessage)
			set theAuthor to (name of theSent)
		end tell
		return "New mail: " & theAuthor
	on error
		return ""
	end try
else
	return ""
end if

Currently it's unknown where it's actually get the new mail from. I attempted

set theMessage to first item of ((messages where its is read is not true) of every mail folder whose name is "Inbox")

But didn't work out.