GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

@Andreas_Hegenberg, when I am using the Next Events/Reminders Widget everything appears as it should.

However, when I am choosing "Show Notice if No Events are available" only the 1st event of the day is shown. Is there any bug?

@Aadi_Anand I'm honestly not sure if they can be fixed on Catalina. The whole menu bar menu now seems to be completely unscriptable. :frowning: I will start looking into alternative ways to achieve the language switcher.

I'm seeing the same behavior where I periodically receive the message "Your BTT Touchbar is Hidden, Click to Show"

I don't see there being a consistent pattern. It seems to occur after waking from sleep, but it is inconsistent. Sometimes after waking from sleep, the touchbar is present, other times, I need to "Click to Show" it.

Same issue. Any thoughts on what could be causing? I'm on 10.15.1 and using BTT 3.207. Haven't been able to pick up on any major patterns except like you mentioned occurs on wake from sleep mostly

Thank you for responding to my issue!

Upon clicking the flag displaying current language, I was supposed to see the list of available input sources, but I don't see any. I don't know why, but this code

tell application "System Events" to tell process "SystemUIServer"
    tell (menu bar item 1 of menu bar 1 where description is "text input")
	    try
		    set lang to name of menu item 1 of menu 1
	    end try
    end tell
end tell

does no work. I say this because upon entering the following command

tell application "System Events" to tell process ¬
"SystemUIServer" to value of attribute "AXDescription" of menu bar items of menu bar 1

I get

{"Notification Center", "Siri", "Wi-Fi, four of four bars, with [Wi-Fi name redacted].", "time machine", "bluetooth", "Clock", "volume 49%"}

I also checked the title, and it gives

{"Notification Center", "Siri", missing value, missing value, missing value, missing value, missing value}

I checked the number of menu bars, and it shows "1". So it seems that Catalina changed the way the text inputs are treated in the menu bar. Is there any way to grab the list of available inputs? Would be nice to switch inputs in touch bar rather than Cmd+space.

Also, I point this out last year, but looks like the fix was not added to the update. @GoldenChaos probably forgot to add this in, I suppose. A friendly reminder that not every input has "Keyboard Layout" field, and that some inputs have "Input Mode" instead. Thus, there should be an additional code that looks up the "Input Mode" code also. As someone who uses Japanese and Korean actively as well, I don't want to have to edit this part every time I get an update. See The Current Language flag icon for GoldenChaos doesn't work properly for more info.

GC-BTT settings window doesn’t seem to do anything, and the menu bar won’t expand or collapse. I tried uninstalling everything and deleting GoldenChaos, but the problem persists even after reinstalling it.
Also settings became red after trying to reset them.

@Ionasal This has been brought up a few times since the launch of Catalina, and I have been looking for a solution since Catalina beta. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any way to access the contents of the language menu in Catalina :frowning: so it’s not that I forgot, it’s that Catalina broke things and I’m not sure what to do.

@jacopocecchetti Have you made sure scripting is enabled in BTT’s settings? See this thread: Settings are not working (Solved: Caused by BTT Scripting being disabled)

Thanks for the message, so this is a known issue. I didn't say that you forgot about the language menu issue that arose in Catalina, but the input mode checking loop that you forgot to add (see the thread I linked!). After updating to 3.202, I had to tweak the Current Language script code so that Korean (resp. Japanese) flag appears when Korean (resp. Hiragana/Katakana). I was just reminding you that there are speakers of other language whose input source doesn't have "Keyboard Layout" but "Input Mode" instead. I had to re-edit the script so that those languages are addressed.

Yes, it is enabled

I too get this. I can't seem to figure out a way to replicate it on demand. It seems random but it's really annoying.

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Hi, I just downloaded the newest stable version of golden chaos on my MacBook Pro on os Catalina and I'm totally loving it and its working great so far. I just wanted to know if there's an icon that I can have on my home strip that when I press would toggle and show me the actions in [Control Strip]. Something similar to how I can have th dock widget on my homestrip and can just click it to see all the apps.

1 Like

@Duval_Barrett There is not, but I love this idea so I’m going to implement it :slight_smile: keep an eye on the next few versions!

thanks a lot will do! it would be cool to also have an icon to press to show all the window snapping as well (if possible) as another alternative to holding the option key

1 Like

Could you add the second in time/date widget of the menu like 22:40:22? I'd like the dynamic time and sometimes I can count how long it passed (several seconds) by watching it.

1 Like

Oh man, another great suggestion. I will definitely add this as an option!

I am new here. Sorry for anything if I missing....I use GoldenChaos-BTT I changed some icons to me it looks better thank you so much...but when i use kali linux and i click "lock screen" it closes window on kali linux...on mac it doesnt happen..why it close window(mozilla, terminal etc..)?

One more thing...i use shortcut keys very often..when i press command,control,option keys, touchbar changes immediately...Is there any delay for buttons? i dont want immediately change touchbar...I wnat to priority on shortcuts..

1 Like

The date widget gets cut off from sides (half of first and last characters). When I go into the settings and turn it off/on, it works. Seems like it does not adjust the width dynamically. (III and FFF are both 3 characters but have different width on screen)

Hi - every time I press something on the Golden Chaos touch bar my trackpad makes a clicking noise. Is there a way to disable this?