golden gate desktop switching only works for a short time before breaking

Describe the bug
ever since updating to golden gate, my shortcuts to switch virtual desktops randomly stop working. When I log out and log back in it works again, but only for a short time.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

keyboard


Device information:

  • Type of Mac: macbook pro
  • macOS version: 27
  • BetterTouchTool version: 6.828

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

for some reason when it's in the broken state, the short cut to the 1st virtual desktop works, but not my desktops 2-9. (i use alt 1-9 to switch between 9 desktops).

update: this might actually be a bug in mac os. I disabled the shortcuts in BTT and configured the same shortcuts in the mac os system settings and am having the same issue still.

further update: removing and re-adding my virtual desktops as described in this reddit post fixed it https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS27/comments/1wh6uk8/comment/paaaok8/

Here on my Mac, the same error occurs!
Addendum: Your Reddit tip has had an effect - let's see how long this lasts!

Peter

update: the reddit tip only fixes it temporarily :sob:

for now, i'm back to using BTT for the shortcut and when the issue happens, I can usually fix it by running killall Dock

Gibt es denn noch keine Abhilfe? Es ist schon ziemlich nervig, wenn das (noch immer) nicht funktioniert...

Peter

As far as I know this is a general Golden Gate issue and not related to BetterTouchTool, it will probably be fixed in an upcoming release.

Danke, Andreas. Ich hatte sehr gehofft, dass Du daran etwas ändern könntest.

Peter

Unfortunately, last night's new OS update (v27.0.1) didn't bring any improvement either...

likewise. for now I've configured BTT to run killall Dock every time my mac wakes from sleep.

Hi, Daniel,

Sounds good. But how do I actually implement this? I’m afraid I won’t be able to do it…

I think this screenshot should cover all that's needed to set it up

Thank you, Daniel. It works :star_struck:

Peter

I'm glad I found this thread. I was going insane thinking it was some other app that was conflicting with the system. I even went as far as installing another service to see if keybindings were clashing.

killall Dock absolutely works. I'm trying the BTT config for killall on wake. Thanks for this Daniel