Gmail Inbox Scrolling Preset

Pretty simple touchbar buttons that allow you to scroll through your Gmail inbox.
The code is not perfect (it won't work if you start it from the first email in your inbox)

Here's the code:

Next email:
delay 0.1
tell application "System Events"
key code 43
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 36
end tell

Previous email:
delay 0.1
tell application "System Events"
key code 43
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 48
key code 36
end tell

@Caliguvara Let me know what you think man

Hm, this seems to activate some random stuff in my screen :confused: Did you activate any special shortcuts in the gmail settings?
On the other hand this might just be my Safari, because even the given Shortcuts from Gmail do not work for me :sob:

EDIT
Works now!! (don't ask me why xD) I really like the idea, I have to admit that I added my Gmail address to Mail in order to have one place for everything (never understood why I should check my email from a webbrowser anyway), so I did never really focus on gmail.com… But I like what you did there! It actually makes me want to configure something larger one of these days for Gmail, as this service is quite largely used (even though I don't know why :roll_eyes:). Still have to arrange this with University and upcoming exams, and that's the trickier part :wink:

Here is what I did for now.
On the left first the search your mail feature, followed by a dock bringing you to the "Dock" Gmail displays on the left side of the screen. Inbox, Starred Messages, Sent, Drafts, All mails, Contacts right ahead in the same special reddish tone than the Gmail color.
Followed by new mail, jumping between discussions and messages.
Mark as read, unread, starred, important, spam or move mail to trash.
As well as the Reply, reply to all and forward shortcuts.

I use only the keyboard shortcuts from gmail for this, so everything needed for this preset to work is activating them.

All this as a CAG that opens up only if you visit gmail.com. I still have some issues with closing the group as soon as leaving gmail, so I'll post the rest later if interest exists - and I will integrate it for sure in the next update of my Caliguvara C2 Preset as soon as I can :ok_hand:t3:

That's awesome man! Can I get the .btt file? :smiley:

Well, I'm not sure if it's a 100% stable for now, but if you want here are the Beta files:
BETA Gmail CAG.json (24.1 KB)
BETA Gmail Group.json (550.3 KB)
BETA CAG Trigger.json (533 Bytes)

Gmail Group is the Group from the screenshot itself, the CAG file makes it appear as soon as you have a Browser window/tab in front of you with gmail opened, and the CAG trigger opens the group as soon as you see that window (just like the youtube group from my preset).

In order to make this preset work make sure you activated the keyboard shortcuts (Settings → and set Keyboard shortcuts on in the list below). Then check that the tab Keyboard shortcuts looks like this (these are the Defaults):

For now I didn't really have the time to check if it works as it should, so using this is still at your own risk!

I try to look deeper into this these days, but no promises for now, university goes first :wink:

(And for sure, please give a feedback here :wink:)