Global Touch Bar gestures don't work

Describe the bug
I can't use swipe gestures on the Touch Bar with global gesture activated. They nether work witch the BTT Touch Bar shown or hidden. Without this setting gestures work fine if the BTT Touch Bar is shown.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.6 (18G87)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.176 (1354)

I've got the same issue - global swipe gestures don't seem to work with any combination of settings, unless the 'Global gesture' checkbox is turned off. Help?

Hey, I have the same issue. The global option causes the gestures not to work at all, not even in apps where BTT is active. Any ideas anyone?

it uses some very low level access interface of the Touch Bar, maybe not all models allow this. I only tested it on the 2018 15 inch MBP

@Andreas_Hegenberg I have a 15 inch 2017, 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Can I help you with any logs? I can also help you to test this feature in a later version.

Hi, I was wondering if there are any updates on this. Global Gestures causes the gestures to not work completely on macOs Big Sur, m1 chip

I have the same problem as @mos_tang. I have a 2018 15" MBP and my 4 finger swipe down gesture doesn't work on the most current stable version of BTT.

Please let me know if I can give any more helpful diagnostic info.