Formerly working TouchBar setup now has overlapping and disappearing buttons

Describe the bug
This preset

used to work fine, as shown in the screenshots in the post above. I have changed nothing but I believe I have updated BTT since then. Now when I switch from one selected tool to another, other buttons disappear and/or overlap.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Note the text selection button is now covered up by the Y highlight button.

Just to make sure, I redownloaded the preset from the linked Gist above, went through the laborious process of changing all the IDs to match the new ones created on import, and can confirm that the problems persist:

Text selection button works:

but pressing one of the highlight buttons makes the underline button vanish instead of removing its colour.

Also - hiding and restoring the BTT TouchBar fixes it - the UL button comes back where it should be. Which reinforces my sense that this is a display bug and not an issue with the preset itself.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: late 2016 TouchBar MBP
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.645

Also - I have identical issues with a largely identical preset (same buttons, different app commands) that I made for use with the Highlights pdf annotation app.

I am also experiencing this issue on 2.645 w/ Mojave on a 2018 MBP

I think this is a variant on the problem described here:

Haven't had a chance to try the proposed solution.

Still having these issues with 2.660

Paddings and margins have changed at some point in the past, you may need to adjust them. The old ones are not coming back for technical reasons.