Forceclick and click release twice?

Describe the bug
Click and Forceclick should have haptic feedback upon release, but it's doubled sometimes. I solved the problem for single finger by resetting SMC, but for 3 fingers it remains. I'll click once with 3 fingers with a single haptic feedback, then releasing causes two haptic feedbacks.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook Trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook 13" 2015
  • macOS version: 10.14.3 Mojave
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.716 (1026)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Earlier, single finger click and forceclick release both doubled. So I had 4 (four) haptic feedbacks upon full release. Solved with SMC reset.

When BTT is turned off, the problem disappears. I tried setting haptic feedback to "No Feedback" for both options in the screenshot, but it was still there.

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Double haptic feedbacks return and go away for both depression and lifting now. It happens with single finger click depressions, so I can feel 4 separate vibrations on click and forceclick.

Try to reset it to the default values:

Thanks for replying Andreas

I reset the values in that window, but once I four-finger swipe to another space as normal, the doubling feedback returns at random for either 1 or 3 fingers. It's sometimes on depression, sometimes on lifting, sometimes only click, sometimes both click+forceclick. There's no pattern from what I see.

Edit: and it all goes away once BTT is closed. I assume it's unlikely OS X is the problem?

Maybe send me a debug export, then I can have a look. It could be some configuration conflict / issue.

To do this: Open the about view in BTT, then click "Export Debug Information". This will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug on your desktop. You can send that to andreas@folivora.ai referencing this thread.