Floating Web View Cookie Management

I'm not sure if this is exactly a bug or how it is intended to work, but websites I use in floating web view do not stay signed in, typically logging out after a few hours. This happens regardless of keep in background being on. Does this happen by design, and is there a way to save the cookies??

that should not be the case (Iā€™m mostly using it with ChatGPT and never get logged out).
Is it maybe related to the user agent? Can you try setting a custom user agent that is the same to the default safari browser?

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/17.3.1 Safari/605.1.15

Your Safari is working correctly and not logging you out, right? (I have had general issues with Safari logouts on macOS Sonoma, but this seems to have been fixed with the recent macOS update)

In v 4.407 alpha I have added some extra code that tries to store cookies and session info in case the standard system persistence fails for whatever reason. Maybe try with that version.

thanks!

I've been using the safari user agent with the same results. I'm mostly using google keep and tend to get logged out after a restart, but remain logged in on safari. I'm on Setapp 4.401, fingers crossed the next update will fix it.

Just confirming this is now fixed thanks

1 Like