Floating menu - reset to top level menu when showing menu

I've created a floating menu that has its "visibility toggled via action", and is set to "close after button press". I have a "Show floating menu" keyboard shortcut in BTT that I use to call the menu. The floating menu has a sub menu containing some "Paste Text" buttons.

When I enter my "Show floating menu" keyboard shortcut, open the submenu, and choose one of the "Paste Text" buttons, BTT correctly pastes the text and closes the menu. But, when I enter my "Show floating menu" keyboard shortcut again, it opens to the sub menu, not the top level menu. Is there a setting to have it always open at the top level menu?

Thanks!

Good point, I think this is currently not possible. I'll add a way to achieve this later today.

Just MHO.

(1) Suggest sub-menu of floating menu can define it's own min width/height normal/hover.
(2) A dummy seperator menu item for items on menu and sub-menu
Thank you for listening.

eg.
Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 12.22.01

4.420 (alpha) now has an action to close a submenu, you can add that to your action sequence:

Thank you so much for this. This is just the feature I have been looking for and after paying for BTT for almost 15 years, this is the first time I've created an account to say thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Andreas for turning this around so quickly - I will give it a try!