Floating menu in some apps such as Excel/Devonthink not working properly

First of all, thank you for providing this truly fantastic floating menu function. I save many minutes of repeating clicks under stage manger daily.

Somehow, the app specific floating menus are appearing/moving next to quite a few drop down windows of Excel and the settings window of Devonthink 3.0. The same thing might have happened in other apps but these two are the one I used the most. I hope you can advise whether I am having the wrong setting or it's the expected behaviour given the latest version of BTT.

Thanks a lot!

With issue:

No issue:

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Apple M1 Pro 16GB RAM
  • macOS version: 13.6.4 (22G513)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.375 (43750)
  • Excel 365 version: 16.81 (24011420)

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

Thanks for reporting. I can reproduce the issue and will add some workarounds to solve this.

Thanks for the confirmation.
There is no urgency (for me at least). I am using BTT's excellent "Current Condition Values" to get the Window Title of those no-visible-title window and use those names in the "Does NOT match..." condition to disable the visibility of the floating menu.

It's hard to exclude these menus automatically because Microsoft decided to implement them as standard windows, however v4.380 should now correctly handle this option:

Thanks. The good news is the above mentioned issue is resolved.

The new issue in v4.380. It seems the trigger by action of "hide floating menu" for my general floating menu can no longer recognise the item's name and hide it (it hides all items within the menu but leave an empty menu) but not when using item's UUID.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 15.12.48

After hide and unhide floating menu using trigger by action. I am using F12 key.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 15.12.09

I can live with it by using other workaround. But may I ask is there a way to roll back to earlier version?

Thanks again.

I'll have a look! You can downgrade via Index of /releases

I think that new issue should be resolved in 4.381! (uploading now)

For me, all issues are resolved after 4.381 is installed.
Have a wonderful weekend.