False detecting TipTap until scroll with two fingers

Describe the bug
This is reopen of the bug: https://github.com/folivoraAI/BetterTouchTool/issues/583
Issue still happens.

I use TipTap Right (1 finger) and TipTapLeft (1 finger) to switch tabs.
The problem is that when I scrolling content up and down using two fingers - I'm getting false detecting these TipTap events and switching tabs.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
    MacBook Pro 13 2016 with touch bar
    MacBook Pro 13 2018 without touch bar
  • macOS version: Mojave, Sierra
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.697

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

BTW: why don't add native tab switching action - instead emulating it in menu?

have you tried playing around with the trackpad tiptap settings? Perhaps the sensitivity is too high for your personal usage, and you might need to reduce it a bit

I had 0.36, changed to 0.25. Will check and back here in a few days.

Reduced to 0.165, still have wrong detections few times in a day. :confused:

you actually need to increase the number not decrease; decrease = more sensitive, so it will activate the gesture easier

you want to increase the number so that it becomes less sensitive and doesn't activate it as easier as it is activating now

Installed 0.65. Sensitivity has become difficult, but there are still false positives.

Maybe this is because that the hands on the trackpad are at an angle about 45, rather than perpendicular?

hmm maybe. I also have issues with the trackpad when it's not a proper perpendicular angle, and it doesn't help that i'm lefthanded haha. I made another post about it hopefully we get some sort of response from the big man himself

I'll try to add a few more optional checks to prevent false positives.
The problem is that scrolling and tip taps are often really hard to recognize. I'll experiment a bit more with timing.

It may also be interesting to see whether the "Maximum distance between fingers" setting helps (setting it to a lower value)

Actually, when I do tip-tap distance between fingers is much more than when I use scroll.
Are you sure I need to set lower value? Okay, will play with it :slight_smile:

With low value 0.25 got false detection fast. Will try bigger.

Bigger won't change anything, only lower values will influence the recognition.