Dock process high CPU usage caused by BTT

Dock process takes up to 10% cpu (8-core i9) when BTT is running for a while. It seems, the longer BTT is running - the more cpu dock process takes. If I restart BTT dock process instantly stops eating cpu and everything is back to normal.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook pro 16
  • macOS version: 10.15.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.225

By default BTT doesn't do anything with the Dock.
Do you have any presets installed?

Yes, Golden Chaos and 2 python scripts, that pull bitcoin prices once in 3 min. I've tried disabling them one by one and didn't notice any difference.

Golden Chaos does have the Dock widget, I would assume that causes some Dock usage, although 10% seems to be excessive (although the % values on a 8 core machine are not as relevant because it means 10% of one of the 8 cores...)

I deleted my dock widget (anyway I never used it), let's see how it goes.

Okay, seems dock is much better now, thank you.
However I constantly see BTT among top 5 processes by cpu usage taking somewhat from 3 to 8%. Is it expected behavior? Cuz as far, as I guess it's mostly doing nothing on idle and should not consume any significant resources.

if you are using presets like Golden Chaos this is expected, as they are running scripts to determine what to display. If you want to reduce cpu usage, reduce the repeat rate of the scripts or use presets that mostly contain static buttons.

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg, do you have to reduce the repeat rate of the scripts of triggers that are hidden?

while they are hidden they don’t do anything b default, so you don’t have to do that

1 Like