To use it fully requires editing a lot of widgets to suit your own computer. iStats is needed to enable cpu temp, fan speeds & battery stats. The folder in the zip file below needs to either be saved to your user library folder (Macintosh HD:Users:"YOUR USERNAME":Library) , or widgets that use those icons need to be altered to reflect the new path.
Updated version ( 5th October 2018 ) - calling it V3:
Includes fixes for:
- PIA Toggle - Long press checks whether utun1 or utun2 is being used for VPN connection.
- Spotify ad skip has been moved to a seperate widget
- Gestures altered/added
BTTFilesKEEP.zip (2.0 MB)
- Media buttons are green when Spotify is running, blue if iTunes is.
- 3rd icon is volume, 4th is Now Playing, 5th is song duration. Full bar is 0% listened to, empty is %100.
- Red microphone button will appear if microphone isn't muted. Disable if you don't want it there.
- Press Note to type in a new note. It will display on the BTT. Visible length is limited but can easily be changed.
- Long press Note to access full length note + 2 others
- External hard drive/time machine buttons (show up when drives are plugged in). Time Machine one shows percentage complete of backup when TM is backing up.
- Green book is a group with URL bookmarks.
- Long press calendar to open group of next up calendar outputs.
- Mail, Messages, & Facetime (not visible unless there's a missed call) turn green and show number of unread
- Reddit needs to be edited to have your own JSON Url added
- Long press weather to open 7 day forecast
- PIA VPN - requires PIA client installed, server location changed, and may require utun 1/2 change.
- Battery changes colour as it discharges. Charger icon on it means Macbook is plugged in.
- First part is the same as main screen, but Player Position includes remaining time (top) & player position & track length.
- Rainbow icon is displays the current playlist (provided you use BTT to select playlist). If you press it, it chooses a random playlist from the list under predefined actions. Remove/add playlists as you want.
- Next 5 buttons are playlists. Change to the ones you want to listen to.
- Button that currently says favourites is the currently playing iTunes playlist. Expand out to see a couple playlist buttons & a rating group.
- Volume icon with actual volume level
- Microphone button (press to mute)
- If you've set your background to rotate through various backgrounds, Press the screen button to change background instantly.
- Next ones are various display toggles (night mode, true tone, do not disturb) May or may not change icon if activated/deactivated.
- Flag displays the current language. Long press opens a group with other language keyboard settings. Add/alter as needed.
- Crossed eye toggles hidden files
- Airdrop, Airplane mode, WiFi, Bluetooth, Siri
- Window resizing buttons. First one hides all apps.
- Eject all external drives
- Trash - Opens on press, long press empties bin
- Emoji widget
- QuitExcess app - I've included the app in the folder, but you can create your own in Automator. Just quits all apps except BTT, Spotify, Mail, Safari & Messages.
- App switcher
Shift + Command
- CPU Temp - requires iStats. Pressing expands/collapes Core Temp widgets
- Cores 1-6
- Fan Speed
- Mac HD used/free space
- External hard drive/time machine used/free space (show up when drives are plugged in)
- PIA & IP Displays PIA VPN and current IP address
- Battery stats including cycles, temp & health.
- Microphone Volume
- Screen Brightness
- Track Position
- Includes Play/Pause, Next/Previous, Volume, Mute, Lock & Unlock, PIA