Disable (section of?) trackpad completely

Is it possible to use BTT to tell my Mac to completely ignore the trackpad, à la KeyboardCleanTool? (I have "ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" enabled in Accessibility, but it isn't disabling it for my Logitech wireless mouse.)

Ideally, it would be great if I could set BTT to have a custom "dead zone" — my trackpad is producing spurious input, but only along a very narrow column. If I could ignore that column, I could still use my trackpad!

Here's what the input looks like:
trackpad input

I'm interested in Better Touch Tool for similar reasons--would like to disable the top section of the (ridiculously giant) trackpad on my new MBP so I don't accidentally hit it while typing or while using the trackpad with my other hand. I looked at the Shrink Trackpad project @Andreas_Hegenberg linked on another thread, but it requires entirely disabling System Integrity Protection since that dev can't/won't pay to get the code signed by Apple. Any chance of integrating similar functionality into BTT?

Unfortunately that requires a custom kernel extension and I'm also unable to sign such. (Apple wouldn't allow it even if you pay for it)

However I think there is some SIP option that allows loading custom KEXT but enables SIP otherwise.

Ah, that's too bad. Would it be possible to do something similar with the accessibility APIs or whatever method you use to detect touch events? Seems kind of like another variant of the thumb/palm filtering setting.

No, unfortunately these settings only affect BTT internal stuff. Disabling parts of the trackpad would require to block them before they reach the system. E.g. it's not really possible to block mouse movement completely after that point. The only reliable way to achieve this is a custom KEXT as far as I know.

The shrink_trackpad project disables a section of the trackpad, but does require disabling SIP to load kernel code.

And according to this comment, it's possible to load custom-signed kernel extensions.

It still requires a kernel extension and disabling SIP partially, BTT won't integrate something like this at the moment. (Disabling SIP partially to allow custom kexts will result in pretty much the same security loss as disabling SIP completely)

I'd still suggest to comment on the comment you linked, this sounds like a little, easy to fix bug/oversight in the shrink_trackpad project.