Disable all side swipes on magic mouse

Is there a way to configure the magic mouse to disable ALL side swipes? I'm having trouble configuring it to turn off 1, 2, and 3 finger swipes. I don't want to side swipe at all. In the Swipes configuration tab I have all 3 check boxes checked and the sensitivity set all the way to harder.

Also in the custom settings area I have 2 Finger Swipe Left and 2 Finger Swipe Right set to Action: Scroll: [0, 0} but 2 fingers still activate a side swipe.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

2 Likes

I don't have a Magic Mouse, never used one, I have no idea if this will work, BUT:
In system preferences, go to Magic Mouse gestures, and hopefully you can untick them from there. otherwise, I have no idea lol

Unfortunately that's not one of the settings in the system preferences. They're pretty limited so I was hoping BetterTouchTool could solve the issue.

1 Like

I'd love to see a quick setting in BTT to disable all side swipes on the Magic Mouse.

In my case, I'm trying to configure a Mac for my elderly mother, who has declining fine motor skills. It is way too easy for her to mistakenly trigger the side swipe actions, which is particularly problematic in Mac Mail, in which side swipes archive or delete messages.

2 Likes

I agree, Mac Mail is extremely sensitive with horizontal swipes. BetterTouch, I've seen a lot of demand to disable all horizontal swipes, can you please add this feature? With all the functionality you've built into your software, what is the hurdle in adding this feature?

Yes! I want to disable both left and right swipes by my Magic Mouse. This is the reason I'm looking into BTT. The annoying right or left swipe in my Mac mail inbox is a real pain. It's too easy to delete an email in the blink of an eye. So far I have been unable to disable the swipe function with BTT. What's the secret to success?

Imprint | Privacy Policy