Delay Next Action makes BTT almost unusable, when a few actions are needed

Describe the bug
If you add Delay Next Action in the actions assigned to a trigger, it messes the series of actions up. The actions are executed, but not in the right order, making it impossible to perform very simple tasks, like open an application, move your cursor to a specific point, and click or type anything.

Therefore, repetitive tasks cannot be performed with a keyboard shortcut (I have also tried with the trackpad with the same results). I also tried the old configuration UI with no luck.

I'm not the only one with this problem. Other users have mentioned this bug in the forum. Any solution, please?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Magic Mouse 1, Magic Trackpad 1, Magic Keyboard 1 (and other keyboards, too)

Screenshots
Here is an example.

I want to open System preferences, wait 1 sec, click on Accessibility, wait 1 sec, click on Display. It cannot be done, although it's a very simple task.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac mini (2020)
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.7
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.4045

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
I think this happens when you use Delay Next Action more than once.

I'm having what I assume to be the same issue. I want to save the selected text, pop up a webview, wait 2 seconds and paste the text. What's actually happening is it waits two seconds, then pops up the webview and pastes the text immediately after. I haven't found a hack to work around this issue yet. This seems to be a pretty significant issue because there is no other built-in way (that I can find) to delay an action.

@P_P your example seems to work fine here. What are you trying to do?

@Sam_G unfortunately I'm aware of the delay issue with the floating webview but it is hard to fix. I'm looking into this.

@Andreas_Hegenberg I'm trying to automate a solution to a known macOS problem.

FYI, this is the issue: when watching a movie with subtitles (ie Netflix), the contrast of the screen changes every time the subs are shown on screen. In other words, the screen gets brighter every time an actor speaks!

The solution is this (I found it in a forum): you increase and decrease the cursor size (the solution lasts until shutdown/restart).

Here's what I want to do:

It's a series of simple actions, like move, click, delay and drag. Something like this:

Here's what happens:

The problem is the "Delay next action" action. Once you insert it in the series of actions, it messes everything up, therefore making it impossible to execute any similar task.