Delay in Copy Pasting

Describe the bug
When BTT is on, I have to wait an extra .5 seconds for the computer to register CMD+C and CMD+V, such that I often end up typing c or v instead of successfully copying/pasting said text. When BTT app is closed, functionality is normal. What settings might I have activated that might be making "it wait" if you will?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook Keyboard.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2016
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.813
0 Likes

Do you have the BTT clipboard manager enabled? Some apps don't like that, but you can disable it only for these specific apps

0 Likes

Hey Andreas,

No, I'm not using the BTT clipboard manager actually (it would be on if I were using a 'Show Clipboard/Pasteboard History' trigger right? I'm not currently doing that). Anything else it could be? Thank you for all your wonderful work!

0 Likes

Mh apart from that I haven't heard about any copy paste delays. Do you have any other keyboard/mouse tools installed that may conflict with BTT?

0 Likes

Hey Andreas,

I do not. I'm starting to suspect the delay might have something to do with the computer "waiting" to update the touch bar while Command is held. I have an app switcher with "Only show when modifiers pressed :CMD" is active globally on my current preset, could the system be waiting to update the touch bar with new buttons before it will process the CMD+C?

0 Likes

I'm pretty sure that's not it. Many people have this setup.

Maybe go to Help => "Export Diagnostic Debug Information to Desktop" and send that data to andreas@folivora.ai, then I can check what's wrong.
(Or in the old UI, open the about tab => Export Debug Information)

0 Likes