Customizing BTT Remote buttons layouts

Hello everyone,

I have been an happy BTT user for a while now, but just recently started fiddling around with BTT remote, which seems very handy! I was wondering if it was possible to customize the buttons layouts on the "left screen" view (the ones with arrows/media controls etc.). This would allow many interesting use cases for me, and not just remote control when I'm on the couch.

Thanks for any insight,
Best,

L.

Bump - Any news or update on this front? I'd like the ability to do this same thing. Basically, like the app Touch Portal. I'd like to be able to create a button on the left button screen and then trigger a BTT shortcut.

Also, I'd like to be able to turn off the mouse area at the bottom. Ideally I'd leave an old iPad / iPhone next to my MacBook and be able to trigger any of my BTT shortcuts.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Any updates on this...? I also would like to customize the BTT remote... Ideally, what we can do on the touchbar (create colorful buttons of various sizes and styles, I use these to define various triggers within X applications on the computer), to be able to do that on the Remote app.

With the last few BTT versions I have prepared a lot for the new BTT Remote. It is still in development, but I finally have everything set up. My current plan is to release in August (sorry probably won't be realistic to have it available earlier). It will allow super customizable layouts.

3 Likes

Amazing news to hear, very excited and anxiously awaiting its release. Thanks for such a quick reply/update!

@Andreas_Hegenberg Is the BTTRemote app's layout customizable now? I'm eagerly looking forward to it.

1 Like

Same here....Anxiously and patiently waiting.... This could be a real game-changer to use with Apple dropping the Touch Bar, to be able to customize BTT remote on a iphone or ipad and use it with my laptop?? Oh golly gosh, I hope this is still going to happen and that it'll be good/all of our dreams come true as to what it could look like/be used for. *EDIT: Saw another post saying JULY = very excited!

1 Like