Customize Bluetooth Headphone Buttons?

Hey!

Is it possible to implement the possibility to customize the buttons on Bluetooth Headphones that are connected with the Mac? Similar to the way mouse buttons are customizable with BTT.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Bumping this and asking: does anyone know any workarounds or methods to do this at present, for either Bluetooth or Wired headphones?

1 Like

I've got the same question. Using Microsoft Surface Pro headphones on my Mac. If I tap the right side now, it brings up iMusic. I'd like to assign this to do something else -- maybe bring up Google Hangouts, or hang up a call.

Can BTT do this? Or do I even need BTT to do this -- is there a way to reassign that action in MacOS?

I'm also interested in this. I've just purchased Sony's WH-1000XM3s and the touch controls are very convenient. The protocol used is AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) apparently. Is there no way BTT can rescript this to trigger custom actions?

Also interested in this

1 Like

Any Solutions yet about this?

I would be very interested in this. My Jabra headphones tell Teams to mute (Headset call control) when I press the mute button on the headset. But this is unreliable and sometimes the headset unmutes but Teams doesn't.

I'd love it if SimpleTouchTool could intercept this, and stop Teams getting the message.

The Jabra Engage 75 headsets do have an option to turn off call control, but I've found that over time, the headset actually crashes and needs to be factory-reset; so I want to make as few settings changes as possible and would love to have a software solution to intercept that mute button.

PS. For me, this is a USB-level thing, rather than Bluetooth. I do see some USB messages when I press the button, so presume this could be intercepted somehow.