Customise BTT touchbar icon

Would be nice to, you know, give your macbook some personal expression.

Simple Implementation

This one is less powerful but would be much easier to operate.
Put a new panel under General TouchBar Settings, which contains an image well and sizing options.

Powerful Implementation:

Ability to change the icon based on Conditional Activation Groups, and App Groups

BTT will show the app icon or an icon that was set per-app if the BTT bar is closed. It's like showing what will popup on the control strip icon before you press it.

could be implemented like:
Custom icon for all apps can be set in global.

Add a new dropdown sheet that you can call from right click (like conditional activation groups, but for apps and global)

The contents of this sheet:

• Use Global Icon | Use Custom Per-App icon
  • App Name
  • App Icon
  • A section named “BTT Button for this App”
    • Use custom icon checkbox
    • An image well with sizing options in a panel similar to conditional activation groups,
    • “Use Applescript for Icon” button that opens up an editor. The BTT button becomes an applescript widget that only displays an icon, essentially.
  • “Trigger Named Trigger on Hold Control Strip BTT button for This App / Global” (mouthful i know)

Real Use:

As an example, I would like to show in the BTT icon that or if the frontmost app is supported by my public "AquaTouch" preset. e.g. I'd set the BTT icon for Safari to a blue BTT icon, while global would be set to the normal BTT icon.

It will soon be possible to customize the control strip icon like any other button, so you will be able to change icon & function. (Probably sometime next week)

3 Likes

Hi Andreas,

Any updates on this one? Would love to customise that one remaining button! :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Darrell

1 Like

May I also add the ability to change the icon based on conditional activation groups?

e.g. if an app is set in BTT, the icon changes to (the app icon or whatever you want)

could be implemented like:
Add a new dropdown sheet that you can call from right click (like conditional activation groups, but for apps and global)

A section named “BTT Button for this App”
An image well with sizing options in a panel similar to conditional activation groups, also a “Use Applescript for Icon” button that opens up an editor

add a “Trigger Named Trigger on Hold Control Strip BTT button” (mouthful i know)

Bleh, it's re-explained in the top post

I would also love to see this feature come to the program

I've elaborated on this feature request, you can see explanations above in the first post

Do you know where this files are located (in case I were to change them manually)?

Unfortunately not... I've tried searching from them and I couldn't find it..

I just added this, it will be included in the upcoming version later this week.

It's just implemented as a widget, so it can be configured per app/activation group.

1 Like

Wow seems good! didn’t think about that implementation :joy:

I will now use this for every app. most likley.

(post will be marked solution once the update comes)

Would be great if you'd try alpha v2.661 (please expect bugs as I have change MANY things in preparation for the new UI)

It can be added using the "+Widget/Gesture" button

1 Like

Notice for Everyone using AquaTouch v3

@Andreas_Hegenberg has rolled out some much awaited BTT features that i've been longing to implement into AQT.
These features will add further quality improvements and bug fixes, but will require you to update using BTT's Alpha release stream.
BTT's alpha versions are still in testing phase so it may be buggy. AQTv3 is also in testing phase too, so I guess we could all come together to help Andreas solve any bugs with the new features. More people = more tests!

AQTv3 will only be released when these new BTT features are released in it's stable release.

You've probably already seen this reply 3 times XD

EDIT: I can't seem to update to the alpha. It's returning an "Update Error!" window

Thank you so much Andreas

Looks great! (when it works)