Custom snap areas stop working after a few hours

New BTT user, but having an issue with the custom window snapping. I see a few reports of this in the community but not a solution (unless I missed it). Custom snap areas work for a few hours and then disappear. Restarting BTT gets them back (for a little while). Restarting the Mac doesn't seem to make the snap areas any more stable.

System is Mac Studio M1 Ultra with Studio Display, macOS Monterey 12.4. BTT version 3.786.

Can you check if that problem happens after standby? That's the case on my installation, maybe you are having the same problem like me?

Yes, the custom snap areas do seem to stop working after a period of sleep. Although, if I manually put the computer to sleep and then wake it shortly thereafter the custom snap areas remain functional.

James

1 Like

If you are able to reproduce this issue, if it occurs again please go to Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Information in BetterTouchTool and send the result to andreas@folivora.ai

1 Like

I just emailed you the debug information, and I hope it's helpful!

James

I've had this sleep problem for almost as long as I can remember. Even other programs like Magnet, BetterSnapTool and Rectangle also stop working. Nothing seems to fix it except a complete system restart.

As I watch this further, it's clear it's not exactly triggered by sleep. I've now seen the snap areas stop working without an intervening period of sleep, and seen the snap areas continue to work through some multi-hour periods of sleep. So I really don't know what the trigger is, other than the areas keep disappearing from time to time.

This issue is still happening. Running Ventura 13.2.1 on a Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020.

Have my computer to knock out after a certain time. After 15 min is asks for passcode. When the computer comes back on bettertouchtool snap motions to set windows where I want them doesn't work.

My computer also tries to shut down any MS office programs when it sleeps too.