I'm on MacOS 12.6 (Macbook Pro M1 14). I've imported BTT settings from my old Intel Macbook Pro 16 and everything was imported correctly (including custom Snap Areas), but after 2-3 days these custom Snap Areas have disappeared. I didn't upgrade my system nor the BTT. I'm using the same monitor and docking hub.
- Re-importing the settings (no luck this time, everything is imported except custom Snap Areas)
- Restarting BTT
- Restarting laptop
- Reconnecting my screen
- Reconnecting my docking hub (Kingston SD5200T)
- Various combinations of 1-5 using a different order and different ports on my MBP 14.
Maybe something changed and my monitor is recognized as a different device with a different / screen resolution that's why my custom Snap Areas are not visible anymore.
My question is: where is text config for Snap Areas stored and how can I edit it manually? I suspect that I could:
- Set up 1 dummy custom Snap Area on MBP 14 to get the ID of my monitor / whatever is used as a
keyfor custom Snap Areas.
- Copy all Snap Areas from text config from old MBP 16.
- Replace the ID in the copied config with ID from 1 and it should be working as intended.