Custom MenuBar custom icon doesn't show full icons when connected to external display

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug

Custom MenuBar custom icon doesn't show full icons when connected to external display.
(Monitor ref: SAMSUNG 24" - LF24T350FHMXZN)

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Pro
External Monitor

Screenshots

Problem [This is in the external display when in focus]

Normal [This is in the original Macbook display when in focus]

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook pro M1 pro
  • macOS version: Ventura 13.3.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.073

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

When I focus on the Macbook screen is in focus, the icons are fully visible but still have no room like they should:

[Screenshot of the icons in the external display when not in focus]

What icon size did you set? Are these SF Symbols or icons you added?

M1 Macbooks have a much higher menubar on the internal screen than on external screens due to the notch

Icon Type: SF Symbols
Icon size: 30

I noticed that MacOS icons and other app icons don't have this problem.

Also, is there a way to enable Force click for these icons?
Example: When I force click, it performs some actions, and when I click normally it shows the context menu.

Thank you!

Unfortunately a menubar on standard screens only allows for 22px height.

I think even on the Notch Bar menubar all standard icons have a maximum height of 22px, so I'd recommend to set it to that value for now.

1 Like

I gues I'll do that for now,
Thank you !