Custom ControlStrip Icon Instabilities

Describe the bug

Using the Custom ControlStrip Icon is very buggy. Known issues:

• Sometimes the space for it shows but it's blank and inoperatable on some BTT startups.
  • Sometimes it doesn't show up at all, requiring the setting to be toggled off and on again for it to be brought up.
  • The icon doesn't update instantly when using multiple custom icons in different CAGroups / App Groups
  • probably as result of the prior, the icon is always required to be tapped once (which doesn't do anything, only seems to update to the right icon) then again for it to operate properly

As you know, my preset uses this a lot :wink:

Affected input device: TouchBar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.720

I have reworked the control strip implementation in alpha 2.721 - would be great if you'd try that. It should now also respect modifier keys and so on.

The "empty at startup" issue might not be fully solvable unfortunately, as there is no official API to add an icon to the control strip, and the way I'm doing it is not 100% reliable. (Well to be honest there are no official APIs for any Touch Bar related stuff in BTT :wink:)
But maybe that will also work better in v2.721

1 Like

Sure! I’ll get back after a day or so of use!

I've been running 2.720 for about two days now, and I feel I'm not hassling with as much errors as before. Not sure exactly if anything has been fixed but it seems like it.

This issue is still occuring though. Probably effects this thread too.