Custom arrow keys assigned using BTT do not override selection caused by the mouse pointer

Describe the bug
I have assigned the key combination CMD+I to the up arrow key and the key combination CMD+K to the down arrow key. When trying to select an element from a drop-down menu using my custom arrow keys, the selection gets overwritten by the mouse pointer, if the mouse pointer is on top of an element of the drop-down menu.

E.g. when trying to select an element using the custom arrow keys in the drop-down menu which opens when clicking on "App Specific" within BTT, the selection always snaps back to the element currently selected in the screenshot since the mouse pointer is on top of it. When using the default arrow keys from the Mac keyboard the mouse pointer does not override the selection as shown in the second screenshot.

I would like to have the default behavior of the default arrow keys to be also applied to my custom arrow keys created with BTT.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15inch, 2017
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.626

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
I strongly believe that this bug has not been there in previous BTT versions of last year and the beginning of this year.

BTT needs to invisibly move the mouse to prevent issues when sending keyboard shortcuts, this is what causes this.

You can workaround this by using the predefined action "Send Shortcut To Specific Application" with these settings:

Thank you for the quick response! Unfortunately, your suggested workaround does not work for me since the cursor is not always above the active application in which I want to select an item using the custom arrow keys. Can you imagine any other solution?

I think this is the only solution in BTT. (You could trigger an Apple Script that sends the shortcut, but I'm not sure how performant that would be:

tell application "System Events" to key code 31 --down arrow 

tell application "System Events" to key code 30 --up arrow 

tell application "System Events" to key code 29 --right arrow 

tell application "System Events" to key code 28 --left arrow 

Thank you very much for the suggestions! The solution via the Apple Script did not work really well either, this is why I know use Karabiner for those two key combinations. Keep up the great work with BTT I really love the tool.