CPU @ 100% version 4.460 SetApp, Sonoma 14.4.1, M1

Note:
Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug

SetApp sits at 100% CPU, also after a restart of both application and computer.

It's causing missing keyboard inputs and is obviously screwing with my computer.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

All; I'm mostly affected by the keyboard but it's an overall application problem.

Screenshots

Uploading: Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 12.41.41.png…

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 14" 2021 MBP M1 Max
  • macOS version: 14.4.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.460 SetApp

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

You mean BTT or Setapp at 100%? (if Setapp, you'd need to contact their support)

BTT; the reference to SetApp was only meant to indicate that's the version I have installed and I got things mixed op typing, sorry.

do you maybe have the experimental dropbox / icloud sync enabled in the settings? If so, try to disable that.

If not, is there anything that you notice or so before it goes to 100%? It could e.g. be a keyboard shortcut that keeps triggering itself

I did I have it on (for iCloud), and tried switching it off. That did reduce CPU usage.

Previously it looked like it was at 100% "all the time," in particular for a while (1-2 minutes) after startup. Restarting BTT now without the sync enabled it doesn't go to 100% on startup.

I also noticed fileproviderd previously being around 100%, and this too has returned to normal.