Command-Click selection also opens items in Finder

Describe the bug
When BTT is enabled for Finder, using Command-Click to select non-sequential items also opens the items in the selection. When adding new items to the selection, the new items are selected and the entire resulting selection is opened; when removing items from a selection (initially made using Shift-Click), the Cmd-Clicked items are not deselected, and the entire selection is opened. Disabling BTT for Finder stops the behavior. This does not occur for any other app.

Affected input device:
Keyboard and any mouse device; I have tried this with both a Magic Trackpad 2 and a wireless mouse. I am using a third-party Logitech keyboard; unfortunately, I don't have an Apple keyboard to test this with.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac (21.5-inch, 2017)
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.5.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.570 (1710)

do you maybe have a cmd+click trigger configured in the „normal mouse“ section in BTT?

I do. Now I feel like an idiot. Why would that affect the Magic Trackpad as well?

unfortunately for their core functions the magic trackpad / magic mouse act as a normal mouse, I should note that somewhere in BTT.

Currently there is no good way to exclude them from these triggers, but I have been working on improving this. There might be an update for this soon.