Colorful Playback Widget(Updated)

This is so awesome! What script code do you use for the just the album artwork color pickers? I pretty much only use Spotify and have something similar on my jailbroken iPhone.

off topic - did you use checkra1n to jailbreak? if so, how well does it work?

I used unc0ver on my iPhone 11. Stuck on iOS 13 for the foreseeable future. checkra1n worked really well on my iPad though.

1 Like

ty :slight_smile:

In my original version I tried using a python library that used something called the median cut algorithm for sorting rgb’s but it was too bulky so I ended up writing my own algorithm that used most prevalent colors, I think I’m going to throw it on GitHub sometime in the future.
Funny you mention it, I got the inspiration for writing this from colorflow5, the tweak, and I wanted to have it on my mac. If you’re curious, I’ve found that iOS SDKS have built-in objects for getting colors from an image, I suspect they use the median cut algorithm.

To everyone else: new version coming soon!

Nice! Yep, I was also referring to colorflow5. I loved it except for the legibility issues with lighter colored albums. I switch between that, ablaze, and melted crayons.

This is really cool! Thinking about adding a general option in BTT to color a button based on its icon. Might be a bit better performance wise if I do it in native code.

5 Likes

this would be amazing

@Conrad long time no see. any update? can I get it to work?

I wanted to finish this and make it better, but I got sidetracked. Ive been very busy. I've tinkered around with it a little bit since but I cant figure out how to make it any more robust.
The main problem is that you can't run applescript inline python without xcode cldev tools, and you can't call the python script from a file because running it asynchronously causes the widgets to update before the script is done.
At the moment, when I get some free time I plan to see if the BTTCustomVariable can be of use in this situation, I think that might be the solution to my problems.

In summary, I didnt mean to bail out on this project. I'm still planning to make a much better version of this widget, and to publish it in the shared presets, but its gonna take me a while to get around to it.

Im glad youre still interested, if i have any updates Ill message you on here.

2 Likes

@ me if u post a new post :slight_smile: