Colorful Playback Widget(Updated)

It seems to be pasting all in one line, ill find out how to do a manual install

1 Like

damn, try this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjEw_yt3vHtAhVGB50JHSqzB1oQFjAAegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.apple.com%2Fdownload%2Fmore%2F%3F%3Dcommand%20line%20tools&usg=AOvVaw0j9Gf8_z_eYMdEcbD7qXXs

If you want to post code in this forum use three backticks ``` at the beginning and the end. E.g.

what am I supposed to do here?

Ah, that's why it was all one line, thx

click the first link and it will download an installer

1 Like

installing...

downloaded. what now?

I'd say try manually refreshing all the widgets while a song is playing

didn't work...

remembber I'm using Spotify

I remember. I have absolutely no idea how this possibly could fail but I'm not going to stop working on this preset. I'll likely have a much better version after a few days and I'll reply here if I have any breakthroughs. If you're still interested you'll see a new version a little down the line.

1 Like

okay. thanks for all your help.

Good information thanks for sharing
Fieldengineer

Thanks for the widget.

One bug fix: You need to change the path /Users/YourUsername/Library/Application\ Support/BetterTouchTool/cover.jpg to ~/Library/Application\ Support/BetterTouchTool/cover.jpg inside the Spotify AppleScript. It is not the same for others.

Also it seems that when you copy paste the widget the UUIDs changes and brakes everything.
There might be a better solution to point on widget to another ?

Also I don't understand why the "next" widget has an apple script attached to refresh the other and not the "previous" one ?

Would it be possible for the widget to disappear if not song is playing ?
It's taking a lot of space if not used

Hi, Iā€™m glad it works! Iā€™ve been encountering tons of bugs. I thought I fixed that path, whoops.

As for the next/prev buttons, I just assumed people would only use the next button to change the song, but now that you mention it Iā€™m definitely going to include a refresh on the previous button also.

About hiding the player when nothingā€™s playing, its tough to determine when nothingā€™s playing. I wouldnā€™t want to hide the widget every time you pause a song, and if you change the application thatā€™s playing media it will hide the player. You can fine tune when youā€™d like the player to show in the setting of the condition group it sits in. For example, youā€™d be able to show the player only when the music/Spotify app is focused, or only when itā€™s open.

Iā€™ll be fixing the path bug and releasing a new version that addresses all these bugs in a little bit.

is there anything that helps me yet?

Hang in there, Iā€™ve been tied up but Iā€™ll have a new version this week. Glad youā€™re so determined! I hope you love it once I get it working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I definitely will :slight_smile: