Colorful Playback Widget(Updated)

I'd say try manually refreshing all the widgets while a song is playing

didn't work...

remembber I'm using Spotify

I remember. I have absolutely no idea how this possibly could fail but I'm not going to stop working on this preset. I'll likely have a much better version after a few days and I'll reply here if I have any breakthroughs. If you're still interested you'll see a new version a little down the line.

1 Like

okay. thanks for all your help.

Good information thanks for sharing
Fieldengineer

Thanks for the widget.

One bug fix: You need to change the path /Users/YourUsername/Library/Application\ Support/BetterTouchTool/cover.jpg to ~/Library/Application\ Support/BetterTouchTool/cover.jpg inside the Spotify AppleScript. It is not the same for others.

Also it seems that when you copy paste the widget the UUIDs changes and brakes everything.
There might be a better solution to point on widget to another ?

Also I don't understand why the "next" widget has an apple script attached to refresh the other and not the "previous" one ?

Would it be possible for the widget to disappear if not song is playing ?
It's taking a lot of space if not used

Hi, I’m glad it works! I’ve been encountering tons of bugs. I thought I fixed that path, whoops.

As for the next/prev buttons, I just assumed people would only use the next button to change the song, but now that you mention it I’m definitely going to include a refresh on the previous button also.

About hiding the player when nothing’s playing, its tough to determine when nothing’s playing. I wouldn’t want to hide the widget every time you pause a song, and if you change the application that’s playing media it will hide the player. You can fine tune when you’d like the player to show in the setting of the condition group it sits in. For example, you’d be able to show the player only when the music/Spotify app is focused, or only when it’s open.

I’ll be fixing the path bug and releasing a new version that addresses all these bugs in a little bit.

is there anything that helps me yet?

Hang in there, I’ve been tied up but I’ll have a new version this week. Glad you’re so determined! I hope you love it once I get it working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I definitely will :slight_smile:

This is so awesome! What script code do you use for the just the album artwork color pickers? I pretty much only use Spotify and have something similar on my jailbroken iPhone.

off topic - did you use checkra1n to jailbreak? if so, how well does it work?

I used unc0ver on my iPhone 11. Stuck on iOS 13 for the foreseeable future. checkra1n worked really well on my iPad though.

1 Like

ty :slight_smile:

In my original version I tried using a python library that used something called the median cut algorithm for sorting rgb’s but it was too bulky so I ended up writing my own algorithm that used most prevalent colors, I think I’m going to throw it on GitHub sometime in the future.
Funny you mention it, I got the inspiration for writing this from colorflow5, the tweak, and I wanted to have it on my mac. If you’re curious, I’ve found that iOS SDKS have built-in objects for getting colors from an image, I suspect they use the median cut algorithm.

To everyone else: new version coming soon!

Nice! Yep, I was also referring to colorflow5. I loved it except for the legibility issues with lighter colored albums. I switch between that, ablaze, and melted crayons.

This is really cool! Thinking about adding a general option in BTT to color a button based on its icon. Might be a bit better performance wise if I do it in native code.

5 Likes

this would be amazing

@Conrad long time no see. any update? can I get it to work?