clipboard history: where are the texts and files stored?

a question regarding clipboard history to which i have no answer yet: where on the mac are the texts and files etc. stored that then appear in the clipboard history when it is called up via btt?

many thanks for any help!

~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/BTTClipboardManager.sqlite and

~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/.BTTClipboardManager_SUPPORT

thank you! hm, the folder ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/ doesn't seem to exist here. where else can the parts of the clipboard history be located?

That folder exists on any machine that is running BTT.

Go there via Finder => Go => Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~ :wink: (press shift+cmd+ dot to show hidden files)

you are right - and you must know it :slight_smile:

interesting: when i go into the library via my user account, i don't see the folder. but via "search folder" it works. maybe it's a finder setting? i'm relatively new to macos.

can you please tell me if anyone else besides the user has access rights to this folder?

and what kind of file it is: /Users/haccount/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/urlimported.bttlicense

Any user that has admin rights on your computer would also be able to access it (like any other of your files)

The other file is your BTT License. In general that folder can contain various BTT configuration files.

ok, that's what i suspected. thanks for the quick confirmation.

by the way, btt is one of the best tools for macos ever. at least from my point of view.

and thank you very much for your quick answers.