Clean Up UI (again ...)

I love the functionality of BetterTouchTool as it allows configuration of mouse, keyboard, mouse etc all in one app.

But please, please, please ... could we update the UI and bring it kicking and screaming into the 21st century? It's so clunky and cumbersome to use. There's Preferences, which seems like it can only be accessed from Configuration but then there's also Old Configuration lurking around like a bad smell.

To me the UI just feels really amateur and like something from the 80s. Could there not just be one "Preferences" or Configuration pane with everything neatly organised into groups?

I recently took a look at Hookshot (https://hookshot.app/) which has an excellent UI compared to BTT and is a pleasure to use. Sadly it is lacking in some of the functions of BTT, particularly when it comes to setting the mouse or function keys.

If you could simplify and clean up the UI while keeping the excellent functionality that would be amazing as I'd much rather use one app that does it all rather than 2 or 3 separate apps all causing conflicts with each other.

The new UI has just been rolled out last year and the feedback has been amazing. There will definitely be no big change in the UI for the foreseeable future :slight_smile: Sorry! (And of course the hookshot ui is easier to use but it only has a very tiny fraction of the functionality BTT offers)

1 Like