ChatGPT input not copied to clipboard

Describe the bug
After updating BetterTouch to the latest version. When I use Transform & Replace Selection with chat GPT function it does not copy the output to clipboard. Instead the output of chatGPT can be pasted by right-click paste function or by using cmd+v. once again, it does not copy the output of chatGPT directly to the clipboard like in previous versions.

Affected input device : None

Screenshots
N/A

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro A1989 with touchbar
  • macOS version: macOS Ventura 13.3.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: version 4.273

**Additional information: N/A

I'm not sure I understand, if you can press cmd+v it means it is in the clipboard.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. What I meant is that when I use the chatGPT function its does not copy to the clipboard of BetterTouchTool.

To clarify better: I use the BetterTouch clipboard which I assigned 4 finger taps to open the clipboard and cmd+! (keyboard shortcut to use chatGPT). In previous updates I would select a text I want and presscmd+! to use chat GPT, when I do this it automatically copies the text I selected and after a few moments of the brain logo ticks in blue the response of chatGPT is as well copied to the BetterTouch clipboard. After the update, chatGPT output after the brain blue tick does not get copied into BetterTouch clipboard, only the selected text is copied at the beginning is copied (no response of chatGPT is copied to the clipboard. However, I am still able to copy it through cmd+v (it is not present in BetterTouch clipboard)

Previously this was unintentional behavior, however I think it’s a good to have an option to copy the response to the clipboard. I’ll add an option for this with the next version on Monday

1 Like