Change F1-12 for google docs

how can I use BTT to change the functionality of the F1-12 keys on my Touch bar on a per app basis? I have already set the function keys to be displayed for certain apps. Now I’d like to modify the behavior of each one. Some actions could be simple, others to run scripts etc. I fell into this forum through searching. I am not a programmer etc. Thanks !

What you describe is basically having special functions for google docs. In this case, I wouldn't recommend displaying F-Keys anymore, but a strip with what you want - only for google docs.

To do so:

• Create a group called "google docs". Hide it (the arrow on the right) and put all the actions you want in.
  • Create a Conditional Activation Group with properties
    x Application - is - Your Browser
    x Window name - contains - Google.docs
  • And at the top "All of the following are true".
    Then, add an Trigger (the rightest tab) "if CAG with name…" and as action "open group google.docs"

With this the group "google.docs" should show up as soon as you open a google.docs link, and close once you leave it.

2 Likes

thanks very much for the quick reply and good suggestion!

1 Like

I am trying to re-create something similar with google meet.
When the CAG with properties (Window name - contains: "Meet -" Application is : browser) activates, run a shortcut.
When the CAG deactivates, run another shortcut.

I have two issues when trying this approach:

1. The shortcut seems to run in a loop when the conditions are true
  2. I can't seem to run the shortcut when the CAG deactivates.

Any recommendation on how to make the shortcut run once per activation, and why the second condition is not trigging a shortcut?

Thanks,

Vik