Change BTT behavior based on website?

Hello All—I will admit up front that I did not search the community for this, but I am not terribly tech-savvy and wasn't sure what to search for. Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else already.

I would like to know if there is a way to change BTT's behavior based on visiting a certain website. Here's my issue: I use Google Chrome for work purposes, and often swipe with two fingers on the trackpad to navigate back one page, like you do. And when a website is wide, or I'm zoomed in, I use two fingers to scroll left/right in addition to up/down. Sometimes I accidentally trigger the "back" command when trying to scroll left/right, but it's rare and simply involves going "forward" again.

There is one online database, however, that I have to use frequently which is not back-button compatible, meaning that clicking 'back' (or swiping two fingers) "breaks" the page, and I have to reload the database and start all over again, entering lots of query commands and drop-down menus... it's a major pain. The display of this database is quite wide, so I am constantly swiping left/right to navigate around it. On top of that, there are multiple views inside the database, all of which are wider than that standard display, but vary in width, meaning that swiping an inch in one view will simply navigate left, but in other views will navigate all the way to the left and trigger the 'back' command. Same physical swiping distance.

I want to know if there is a way to keep the two-finger 'back' gesture in Chrome, but have BTT disable it whenever I am viewing this site. I'm not optimistic that it can be done as I realize it might be too complicated, but if there is a way to do it, I'd love to know. Thank you!

Good idea! Have actions based on the current active URL! :+1:

Is there any solution?
I want to know how to deal with this problem ,too.
thank you!

Have you tried creating a conditional activation group (CAG) where the condition is based on the window title? In that CAG you can then disable the trackpad gesture. I used to use a similar one for YouTube in safari to show the PIP button only when YouTube is playing.

@rishifter, how do I create a CAG similar to the one you mention? is there any documentation related with CAG?

I think the docs are a little sparse on this but there are examples in this forum I'm sure. What you do is create the group by clicking the + button on the bottom left of the window

And you'd get a group on the left side, this is just like creating triggers for specific apps but instead for a group with conditions. On the right sidebar then you specify conditions, where you can match window title to check for specific windows. Then just add triggers like you normally would, these would only apply when the condition matches your specified one.